Friday, September 4, 2009

Beer, Fights, and Breakfast at Tiffany's

In the interest of maintaining my masculinity I had to title this post as such. But admittedly, it's just about Breakfast at Tiffany's. I first saw the movie on Korean Air on my way to Korea. Normally I wouldn't stray to the 'Classical Movies' section but a senior (Hank Williams, you'd be lucky to meet him) had spent the past year raving about Audrey Hepburn who I had never heard of before so I had to check her out. Anyway, the movie was playing on television last night so I thought I'd pay a tribute to it and Audrey Hepburn.

The movie itself is truly one of those 'must-sees.' It isn't something to watch for the plot but more for main character: Holly Golightly. Played by Audrey Hepburn, Holly Golightly epitomizes New York City class in the 60's. From her cigarettes to her classic black dress, Holly Golightly simply iconic. Ironically, Holly Golightly reveals authenticity through phony demeanor. It's difficult to understand without watching the movie and even during the movie but in the end everthing is realised.



*People who overuse the phrase 'no homo' should stop bringing attention to themselves. That said, no homo to this entire post.

1 comment:

  1. Holly Golightly is the type of person I envision marrying one day... as Thomas Jefferson once famously wrote, every man is entitled to "life, liberty, and the pursuit of girls hopelessly out of his league."

    ReplyDelete